Ephemeris of August 15: what happened on a day like today?
Among the most relevant events of the date are the births of entertainment figures and the start of a television network
On August 15th is a date that brings together various events of importance for the country and the world. On a day like today, personalities such as Napoleon Bonaparte, the actors Ben Affleck and Juan Gil Navarro and the American actress Jennifer Lawrence were born. In addition, the date coincides with the patenting of the stent and Hugo Chávez was reaffirmed as president in Venezuela. All this and more is remembered on the ephemeris of August 15.
- 1620 – The Mayflower sets sail from Southampton with 102 pilgrims, captained by Christopher Jones.
- 1762 – The priest José Ignacio Thames is born.
- 1769 – The French emperor and statesman Napoleon Bonaparte, considered the most brilliant military man of all time, is born.
- 1928 – The poet Graciela Maturo is born.
- 1932 – The CBS television station begins to operate.
- 1939 – The Wizard of Oz is released.
- 1963 – Mexican filmmaker and screenwriter Alejandro González Iñárritu is born.
- 1972 – American actor Ben Affleck is born.
- 1973 – Argentine actor Juan Gil Navarro is born .
- 1988 – Julio Palmaz patents the Stent, a metallic mesh that is used all over the world to keep coronary arteries open after uncovering them.
- 1990 – American actress Jennifer Lawrence is born.
Also Read: Garcia wins Moto3, Fernandez Moto2 in Spielberg
- 2004 – Hugo Chávez is reaffirmed as president in Venezuela, in the first presidential referendum in the world.
- 2013 – The Smithsonian Institution announces the discovery of the olinguito in the United States, the first carnivorous species discovered on the American continent in 35 years.
- World Relaxation Day is celebrated.
- Children’s Day is celebrated in Argentina (it is celebrated on the third Sunday of August of each year).