Health

They announced the application of the third dose to health personnel and people over 70 years of age

The Ministry of Health, according to the recommendations of specialists, announced a third dose to health personnel with the aim of protecting health personnel and older adults who have completed their scheme more than six months ago as soon as possible.

third dose

Health personnel and people over 70 years of age who received the second dose of the coronavirus vaccination scheme more than six months ago will receive a third booster application, the Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday.

The decision was made based on recommendations from members of the National Immunization Commission (CoNaIn) and the Committee of Experts who held a meeting with officials from the health ministry.

The objective of the meeting was to analyze the epidemiological situation, “the projections according to the progress of the strategic plan started in December 2020 and the guidelines for the booster vaccination against COVID-19”.

The announcement seeks that each jurisdiction can initiate this vaccination strategy according to its operational plan, the ministry said in a statement.

“The intention is to have this space for articulation, as always, between the container and the Committee of Experts because we have ahead of us the continuity of the vaccination campaign against COVID-19 and the importance of advancing in the application of the reinforcement as they have expressed the ministers of the whole country for operational reasons, “explained the Undersecretary of Health Strategies, Juan Manuel Castelli.

The official remarked that this definition is also related to the great advance in vaccination and the increase in the circulation of the Delta variant.

The administration of a dose of vaccine, in these cases, is due to the fact that the immune response is likely to diminish over time.

He also maintained that the objective is to protect health personnel and older adults who have completed their scheme more than six months ago as soon as possible, and then move forward with the rest of the population in a staggered and simultaneous manner according to each provincial plan.

That is why “the start of vaccination with booster doses in health personnel and in people 70 years and older who have received the second dose more than six months ago” was defined, the statement said.

“The administration of a dose of vaccine, in these cases, is due to the fact that the immune response is likely to decrease over time,” added the official text.

Until now, an additional dose had been announced for people with immunocompromise regardless of the primary regimen received, and older than 50 years who had received the two doses of Sinopharm, to which Health personnel and those older than 70 are now added regardless of the vaccine applied.

Also Read: Irritable bowel: increasingly frequent due to factors such as stress and diet

“Argentina has the availability of vaccines to respond to these strategies in response to the demand and the particularities of the provincial plans,” the statement said.

For her part, the president of the CoNaIn, Mirta Roses, assured that “we also have to take into account that in urban areas the population’s access to vaccines is daily. But in many parts of the country we have to move forward with the complete package simultaneously because it may be that for climatic or geographical reasons we will arrive once or twice, but perhaps there will not be a third time ”.

“Always from CoNaIn we have made our recommendations taking into account the operational aspects and the availability of the vaccine,” he added.

The members of the CoNaIn and the Committee of Experts highlighted the importance of maintaining the simultaneity of the Covid-19 vaccination with the administration of other vaccines on the calendar to avoid a decrease in coverage, especially in children and adolescents.

Emily Castillo

Emily Castillo has traveled extensively around Eastern Europe, learning about the history of the region and walking the paths of her characters. Emily has been a lifelong writer and first began creating other worlds and characters in the fifth grade.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button